Virtual Toxic Tours 4/10
Curious about environmental justice in the Twin Cities?
Join us for six Virtual Toxic Tours
Tuesday, April 10, 1:20 to 2:50 pm
Olin-Rice Smail Gallery
Environmental Justice (ENVI 237) students will present posters describing cases of local environmental injustice and the activism in response.
Posters will cover the following sites:
· 3M PFC contamination in the east metro
· University Avenue’s Central Corridor rail line (the Green Line)
· The Ford plant site in Saint Paul
· Northern Metal on the Mississippi River in Minneapolis
· Saint Paul’s Rondo neighborhood and the building of Interstate 94
· Smith Foundry in the East Phillips neighborhood of Minneapolis
Come by for cookies and bars, and learn more about local environmental justice issues.